Pillars of Alra is a Tier 4 zone in the Veil of Alaris expansion.
Zone layout Edit
You can get through The Resplendent Temple to Pillars without even going through the KOS part of Temple.
- There are two towers in the non-kos part that go all the way high up. High enough to enable levitation across to the upper garden right before Pillars zoneline.
- Two things to note though are: a couple of KOS mobs at the very tower top that do not see invis, and the "wind trap" that drags you along (wait for it to fade before attempting to lev over).
Unlike most recent expansions, faction matters in the Pillars of Alra.
The Pillars of Alra appears to have four factions, one for each of the pillars:
- Arcanists of Alra - Pillar of the Arcane faction.
- Living Will of Alra - Pillar of Nature faction.
- Purity of Alra - Pillar of Light faction.
- Shades of Alra - Pillar of Dark faction.
Killing mobs in one pillar makes two factions hate you and two like you. This changes you from dubious to KOS.
You can repair the damage by doing Crisis of Faith which gives positive hits with all four factions. By repeatedly doing Crisis of Faith you should be able to even become ally to all four factions.
You may also use faction increasing spells to get quests.
There are also aura debuffs that sometimes appear on your character (song window) for different factions. When you have this debuff, you become KOS to the mobs in that tower.
|“||There is a way to get each aura to not land on you. I'll leave it to the community to discover how though.||”|
It's also been reported that you can do the Mercenary (kill tasks) to adjust your faction to not be KOS to all sides, if you pick the ones you need to improve. It'a also been reported that everyone starts out as non-KOS to the named loot dropping mobs in the zone but becomes KOS upon completing the Partisan task The First Pilgrimage and gaining the Very Small Stone Tear.
Solo quests Edit
Kill tasks Edit
Partisan tasks Edit
Group missions Edit
Named mobs Edit
In the Pillars of Alra competing followers of the Alaran god of magic Alra debate endlessly over the truest interpretation of the God's essence. Vast magical energies support floating towers in the sky, each dedicated to a particular style of magic